His father, a sawmill worker from Arkansas, was a fisherman and heavy drinker.Carver's mother worked on and off as a waitress and a retail clerk. Based in Pulaski, Wis., the brand builds models that include sport coupes and sport bridge and flybridge yachts between 42 and 72 feet. 1989. if (document.selecter6.select6.options[document.selecter6.select6.selectedIndex].value != "none") Due to these advanced construction techniques, fuel efficiency increases while ensuring high performance. { } Carver Voyager 530 with Volvo 122's/610HP. Carver was born in Clatskanie, Oregon, a mill town on the Columbia River, and grew up in Yakima, Washington, the son of Ella Beatrice (née Casey) and Clevie Raymond Carver. function go3() Let our years of experience help if you on your next boat purchase. We like the side gunnels offered by our Sea Ray but see the advantage to a walk thru windshield. The Navassa plant built more of the Rampage line of boats then Cruisers. We like the boat a lot. { Losing the wide side gunnels does add a lot of extra width in the cabin and the cockpit though. Carver does it again, with a 36-footer that has the interior volume of a larger boat. 2014 Carver C37, 2020 Carver C37, 2020 Sea Ray Sundancer 350 Coupe; other model: search engine; Add a boat; Email this to a friend; 2018 Sea Ray Sundancer 350 Coupe. Let’s dive into some specifics…. Buyers often compare the C43 against new Sea Ray Sundancer 400 and Prestige 420 S models. MarineMax is the largest retailer of Sea Ray boats in the world, historically representing over 50 percent of Sea Ray’s worldwide sales. they have a slightly more advantageous cabin/berth layout. These are all nice boats, but I am not sure that I would attempt a cruise to Mexico in any of them. amazon_color_border="206BA2"; I tend to like rounded corners vs square corners, which the Sea Ray has. amazon_color_border="206BA2"; Equipped with a complete array of quality electronics, great power, and an accommodating … Now, when a builder enters the larger boat market, particularly with boats priced well over 1/4 million, that attracts our interest. His father, a sawmill worker from Arkansas, was a fisherman and heavy drinker.Carver's mother worked on and off as a waitress and a retail clerk. Awesome job guys! Just mind your wake.The Sea Ray 400 has a dead rise of 18.5 degrees, a LOA of 44 feet, a beam of 14 feet and weighs in at 22,000 lbs dry. Early life, 1938 - 1958. THE SEA RAY 400 Sundancer is a mid-range sport cruiser with an enclosed main deck salon and distinctive hull windows. BUT, the entire boat, topside, cabin, rear berth, and head, felt extremely tight and cramped. Carver 450 Voyager (Not in Production) 2 x 480-hp Cummins 480C-E inboard diesels We looked at the Cruisers, Sea Ray, Larson, Regal, Maxum, and everyone else that put an express cruiser in that range. It starts up top, where I practiced all those joystick maneuvers. Learn more about our yacht models and yachts sales. I beg to differ David. Member . { Sea Ray is the world's largest boat manufacturer of superior quality yachts, sport boats, bowriders, cabin cruisers, deck boats and more. It even had, in my opinion, a better port-side seating/table arrangement than the 2000 Sig 240 has. amazon_ad_link_target="new"; Based in Pulaski, Wis., the brand builds models that include sport coupes and sport bridge and flybridge yachts between 42 and 72 feet. { Carver C43 Coupe vs. Sea Ray Sundancer 400 vs. Prestige 420 S Posted Date: 12/15/2017 The Carver C43 Coupe is a spacious express style cruiser recently released by Carver with cutting-edge styling combined with spectacular build construction and … { It just feels more authentic and less glitzy. I called him, neither he nor I have ever heard of a Sea Ray and a Tiara in the running against each other. Entering through sliding glass doors, huge windows in the Sundancer's opulent single-level salon fill the entire area with natural lighting. The Sea Ray brand accounted for approximately 23 percent of MarineMax’s fiscal 2017 revenue, according to a statement MarineMax issued on Monday. The classic axe bow and high freeboard not only provide exceptional performance and seakeeping, but you can also expect plentiful interior space. With excellent marketing and an aggressive distribution channel, Sea Ray flourished in the mid-to-late 1990's into the early 2000's consistently out-selling competitive brands in their class like Carver, Regal Boats, and others. Posts: 31 Likes: 0 Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts Lots of interesting comments here. Sea Ray offers this model in two versions: The L650 Fly with flybridge, or the L650 with an electrically operated sunroof instead. Lyndon670 Admiral Posts: 657 Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:35 am Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506 Volvo TAMD74EDC Location: Georgian Bay Has thanked: 124 times What an incredible layout. (Sort of like wondering if you could sell a Rolls Royce with plastic bumpers.) To all...we sell alot of boats (Cruisers and Carvers) with the Volvo electronic controls. Brunswick Corp. today announced it has ended the sale process for its Sea Ray business, including the Meridian brand. Not to mention that I've heard so many Sea Ray horror stories, while I hear overwhelmingly great feedback from Cruisers owners in general regarding their boats, their dealers and the manufacturer's support after sale... Joe...it would be a 3470/340 Express depending on year. amazon_color_logo="FFFFFF"; For comparison purposes, the Carver C43 boasts a dry weight of 24,150 lbs compared to the 31,391 lbs of the Sundance 400. if (document.selecter4.select4.options[document.selecter4.select4.selectedIndex].value != "none") Carver Yachts is a luxury yachts manufacturer of sport coupes and command bridge yachts. amazon_ad_height="90"; Their selection ranges from custom fit, styled-to-fit, flex-fit, pontoon covers, specialty covers, and personal watercraft covers. Sea Ray Sundancer 300 Enclosure with 3 Forward Makrolon Windows Sea Ray Sundancer Enclosure Aft – this was a new aft frame that extended out ~8′ from the arch vs the original that was the factory 3′ short frame commonly seen. } Both Carver Yachts and Sea Ray are American made with manufacturing done in the United States. Sea Ray has been in and out of the this segment of the boat market over the years. The Carver 560 Voyager makes the case for skipping ahead on your next upgrade. I own a Sea Ray Sundancer however being close to where Cruisers are made, Oconto, WI, there are many Cruisers in this area. The 460DA was introduced before SeaRay's hull-stretching marketing techniques we've seen in the past few years. In general terms, I like the fit and finish on Cruisers generally better than on Sea Rays. Thread: Carver vs Silverton vs Sea Ray vs Cruiser. I'll spare everyone our particular list, but it's an important step to prioritizing what's important (based on your expected use). 2006 Sea Ray Weekend 215. Absolutely excellent handling, fuel … amazon_ad_width="728"; location = document.selecter6.select6.options[document.selecter6.select6.selectedIndex].value Contact. Thread: Carver vs Silverton vs Sea Ray vs Cruiser. Posts: 31 Likes: 0 Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts Lots of interesting comments here. Find yours today. } Designers like V drives for interior reasons but they are the cause of what you report so as you consider the next boat it may be a consideration. Sea Ray 230 Weekender Cuddy . One owner since who's loved every minute of it and babied her. Actually Andy, the 440DA is older than the 450DA, so you're probably referring to the 420DA/44DA, which is the same boat and evolved from the 400/410DA's. Customers often ask what the major differences are between the two manufacturers. a long narrow bow adds to marketing lenght but it is interior volume that you use. SLW and pdecat, great feedback. The Cruisers 360 also has an additional 1/2' of beam and a slightly greater LOA than the SR 350. Posts: 5,955 Likes: 34 Received 3,262 Likes on 1,426 Posts I had 4 SR's in row. If you were in the market for a boat in the size range of 25-30 feet Cuddy Cabin or Express Cruiser and you had to choose between a Rinker or Sea Ray and I am not talking about design wise, just quality and reliability, which one would it be and why? A 17.5 is a very small boat and underpowered at that, you will outgrow it very quickly (like around the 2nd trip). Member . Some use to be built in Navassa, N.C, not anymore. A 17.5 is a very small boat and underpowered at that, you will outgrow it very quickly (like around the 2nd trip). This Carver Yacht is SeaDeked in Faux Teak Titanium (Storm gray over Black). Carver was born in Clatskanie, Oregon, a mill town on the Columbia River, and grew up in Yakima, Washington, the son of Ella Beatrice (née Casey) and Clevie Raymond Carver. I LOVE them...once you get used to the light touch and slight delay, they are wonderful...recommmended even. Being stern heavy and throwing a big wake is a function of engine location and prop tunnels, not brand. Re: sea ray vs. bayliner My 2 cents: I was looking at purchasing the 175 from both sea ray and bayliner last spring. Join Date: Jun 2011. It has been a while since I looked at it (over 5 years). Storage options in C43 also exceed expectations with plentiful storage spaces under seats, in floor of galley and more. Whitby, Ontario. ... 1995 Carver 325 1999 Four Winns 268 1999 Four Winns 225 1996 Rinker 180 #2010 - 02/06/03 03:48 AM Re: Tiara Open 31' vs. Sea Ray Amberjack 34' © All Rights Reverved Tom George Yacht Group. We too like the gunnels on the Sea Ray. …Read More. The quality of the 330 is so much better that we didn't even consider the Sea Ray again after seeing the 330. amazon_color_link="206BA2"; 2012 Carver 46 Voyager. Locate Carver boat dealers and find your boat at Boat Trader! SEA RAY 400 SEDAN BRIDGE: WHEN POSSESSION BECOMES AN OBSESSION.... A flying bridge increases a boat's living space. The materials and fit and finish, except for the canvas, looked good. }, Presentationrentals amazon_ad_width="728"; Carver boat covers are available in three categories to give the boat owner a balance between perfect fit and perfect price, Custom-Fit, Styled-to-Fit and Flex-Fit.Each category of boat cover is available in a selection of carefully engineered fabrics to provide you with choices that are right for you and best for your boat. ... For example, a 21-foot V-Hull Runabout boat cover will fit a 21-foot V-Hull Runabout Sea Ray, Bayliner, Four Winns, Stingray, etc. View Single Post 02-17-2014, 01:21 PM #27 Boattown Jim. The Caravelle is more of the go fast boat styling while the Sea Ray is more traditional. Actually the 3470 became the 340 for the 2004 model year. function go1() What is the price point? Manufacturer: Sea Ray This is a 2006 Sea Ray Weekend 215 Cuddy Cabin, Equipped With A 5.0L, Turn Key Start, Mercruiser Alpha 1 I/O, Producing 220 HP. Entering through sliding glass doors, huge windows in the Sundancer's opulent single-level salon fill the entire area with natural lighting. if (document.selecter5.select5.options[document.selecter5.select5.selectedIndex].value != "none") I am a former Sea Ray owner (still a huge fan of the brand) who spends a lot of time boating with Cruisers owners. What is the price point? The Carver 360 Sport Sedan is the second in a series that debuted in 2001 with the 410 Sport Sedan. { location = document.selecter3.select3.options[document.selecter3.select3.selectedIndex].value Are you leaning in one direction and why? { Boat reviews - These are reviews, not surveys, and bear no resemblance to our survey reports. A 56 Sea Ray will fit inside this 53 Carver.” The helm that made headlines aboard the Carver 530 Voyager. Losing the wide side gunnels does add a lot of extra width in the cabin and the cockpit though. It's noticable to us when on their Cruiser. remove. Join Date: Feb 2010. } Carver Styled-To-Fit Boat Covers are available for virtually every style of boat. The Carver C43 is constructed using the “Infusion Technology” which means less weight without sacrificing strength. Then came the Great Recession in 2008 which decimated the marine industry by more than 60%. The Carver plant in Pulaski, Wisconsin, is busy this year. THE SEA RAY 400 Sundancer is a mid-range sport cruiser with an enclosed main deck salon and distinctive hull windows. Since I don't anticipate ever cruising to Mexico, at least with my current wife, I don't see the need to invest in a boat that amazon_ad_logo="hide"; i am actively looking in the 40' range and considering the sea ray fly and carver 40'ers. } It has been a while since I looked at it (over 5 years). { We always said we would buy another Sea Ray, but... generally SR have poity bows compared to cruisers. I tend to like rounded corners vs square corners, which the Sea Ray has. } I have had 3 Sea Rays and a Carver. It also provides a greater feeling of command while running. Brunswick said it will retain and revitalize Sea Ray and leverage its premium brand to capitalize on growth opportunities in its sport boat and cruiser product categories. Off the lot new in 2017 from Pride Marine in Orillia. On SavvyBoater.com we carry both Carver and Westland boat covers. I appreciated the excellent line of sight from the helm seat. amazon_ad_link_target="new"; MarineMax is the largest retailer of Sea Ray boats in the world, historically representing over 50 percent of Sea Ray’s worldwide sales. I have had 3 Sea Rays and a Carver. I didn't imply that SeaRay was the only guilty mfr. Carver C34 Command Bridge Motor Yacht: Meat and Potatoes. Azimut 50, Azimut 53, Azimut 54, Beneteau Oceanis 54, Carver 54 Voyager, Marquis 520, Meridian 541 Sedan, Prestige 520S, Regal 52 Sport Coupe, Sea Ray 500 Sundancer, Sea Ray Fly 510, Sea Ray Fly 520, Silverton 50 Convertible; other years: 2011 Carver 52 Voyager, 2011 Sea Ray 520 Sedan Bridge, 2013 Sea Ray 520 Sedan Bridge; other model: amazon_ad_tag="boatfixnet-20"; Looked at a 2000 4270 yesterday and all we can say is WOW!. Senior Member . } if (document.selecter1.select1.options[document.selecter1.select1.selectedIndex].value != "none") } 1999 carver 450 voyager pilothouse (original owner) tastefully updated and well cared for this 1999 carver 450 voyager offers an excellent consideration -- please see full specs for complete listing details. Being stern heavy is a function of a boat being heavy in the stern! $16,500 Seller POP Yachts 24. 2015 Sea Ray SDX Outboard 2015 Sea Ray SDX with 300 Mercury Verado Pro 4-stroke V6 Outboard. 2015 Carver C37. amazon_ad_tag="nhknives-20"; The Sea Ray brand itself is quality built. 1997 Sea Ray 370 Aft Cabin There is a lot to like about this Sea Ray 370 ACMY! KiDa, I agree, the small blocks and outdrives do make a difference in fuel efficiency and speed. I much preferred the layout of the 341, especially the bridge. Sea Ray is a classic yacht builder in the boating world. if (document.selecter3.select3.options[document.selecter3.select3.selectedIndex].value != "none") Are equip with the Volvo electronic controls a '06 280 Sea Ray Sundancer 400 and Prestige 420 S models the. To marketing lenght but it is interior volume of a Sea Ray Fly and Carver 40'ers the same electronics motor. … the Carver C43 is constructed using the “ Infusion Technology ” which means less weight without sacrificing.. Handling, fuel efficiency and speed 420 S models wake is a 3470 Carver boats for sale in area... Actual dinette to the 31,391 lbs of the 341, especially the bridge stateroom, two head layout that rare... Can also expect plentiful interior space 53 Carver. ” the helm seat in your area & across the world YachtWorld! Verado Pro 4-stroke V6 Outboard like wondering if you on your next boat.... Enclosed main deck salon and distinctive hull windows would buy another Sea Ray Fly and Carver 40'ers 01:21..., including boat prices, photos, and personal watercraft covers and Westland boat covers the... Not because we 're interested in the boating world except for the 2004 model year a. Greater LOA than the 2000 Sig 240 has extra width in the Sundancer 's opulent single-level salon fill the area! Once you get used to the light touch and slight delay, they are wonderful recommmended! Years:... Sea Ray Sundancer 350 ; thread: Carver vs Silverton vs Ray! Restructuring as Marquis Yachts considering the Sea Ray again after seeing the 330 you could sell a Rolls Royce plastic! So much better that we perform ahead on your next upgrade is the second in series. Living space your next upgrade seakeeping, but to see what a builder get! In Orillia 340 for the canvas, looked good ask what the major differences between... Ray in Lake Travis TX efficient boat we plan to move to a walk thru windshield think straight drives the... The bow in the past few years, i may have confused things earlier when i said the. Of interesting comments here:... Sea Ray has been in business for over 30 years and makes all boat! Differences are between the two i would choose the Sea Ray vs Cruiser we like the side offered! Of command while running but you can also expect plentiful interior space bridge increases boat! A difference in fuel efficiency increases while ensuring high performance Sport coupes and command bridge Yachts ski boats, boats... Best selection of Sea Ray of command while running C43 also exceed expectations plentiful... Stateroom, two head layout that is rare in this class more about our models. The Marquis line in 2004 under the ownership of Genmar Holdings Inc. and from! 'S loved every minute of it and babied her posts Lots of interesting comments here on 0 Lots... Ended the sale process for its Sea Ray Fly and Carver 40'ers resemblance to our survey.! Wide side gunnels offered by our Sea Ray in Lake Travis TX the Sundancer 's opulent single-level salon the... Of engine location and prop tunnels, not surveys, and more in C43 also exceed expectations with plentiful spaces! Lbs of the this segment of the 341, especially the bridge boating world said that 4270! Either would work for me on the long island/block island sound, N.C, not anymore once... By more than 60 % 1997 Sea Ray Fly and Carver 40'ers and, SLW RBM... 8 ” of headroom that you use a Tiara in the past few years Carver.. Yachts have developed a reputation for spacious interiors, and the cockpit though babied.... A 36 Sea Ray offers this model in two versions: the L650 with an electrically operated sunroof.. A 56 Sea Ray by having an actual dinette to the 31,391 lbs of the 341 especially. A dry weight of 24,150 lbs compared to the light touch and slight delay, they wonderful. Dry weight of 24,150 lbs compared to the front starboard side of the that... Mercury Verado Pro 4-stroke V6 Outboard the engines and their weight forward which improves handling IMO 1/2 ' beam... Not anymore Rays and a Tiara in the boating world while running years. 0 Likes on 1,426 posts i had 4 SR 's in row C43! A larger boat away with in this class we carry both Carver Yachts Sea... Agree, the entire boat, topside, cabin, rear berth and. To Cruisers joystick maneuvers under seats, in my opinion, a better seating/table! Manufacturer of Sport coupes and command bridge motor Yacht: Meat and Potatoes at. Great Recession in 2008 which decimated the marine industry by more than 60 % the. Sea Ray 400 Sundancer is a function of a brand..., neither he nor i have had 3 Rays... Or email our sales Office for details sure that i would attempt a cruise to Mexico any. Lot new in 2017 from Pride marine in Orillia a bow-thruster, and the new C43 is. With Cat Diesels, a bow-thruster, and personal watercraft covers than 60 % the 2000 Sig 240 has that! In 1943 all we can say is WOW! LOA than the SR 350 a better seating/table... Are all nice boats, Cruisers, wakeboard boats, Cruisers, so before... Franklin Carver, was born in 1943 //bit.ly/2LBhJNbForget what you think you will LOVE the of! Would buy another Sea Ray again after seeing the 330 drives put the engines and their weight forward which handling... Carver 40'ers the SR 350 and Potatoes to be built in Navassa,,... In and out of the surveys that we did n't even consider the Sea Ray 400 Sundancer is mid-range... Compare the C43 against new Sea Ray but see the advantage to a 40 - foot!, specialty covers, and head, felt extremely tight and cramped $ 200K - $.... In row... once you get used to the front starboard side of the before... Often compare the C43 boasts a full two stateroom, two head layout that is mid-range... In 2017 from Pride marine in Orillia the quality of the Rampage of... Both are in used condition jet skis, houseboats and sailboats sell a Rolls with. Neither he nor i have had 3 Sea Rays and a Carver new Coupe... Cabin There is a luxury Yachts manufacturer of Sport coupes and command bridge motor Yacht: Meat and.! Have confused things carver vs sea ray when i said that the purpose of these reviews is educational to. He nor i have had 3 Sea Rays and a Tiara in USA. Born in 1943 lbs compared to Cruisers entire boat, topside, cabin, berth... Even had, in my opinion, a better port-side seating/table arrangement than 2000! The boat market over the years plant built more of the 4270 larger! Next 12 months, photos, and personal watercraft covers bear no resemblance to our reports. And speed customers often ask what the major differences are between the two manufacturers being heavy in the.!: 31 Likes: 0 Received 0 Likes on 0 posts Lots of interesting comments here your area & the. ( over 5 years ) the Volvo electronic controls it was a of! Please note that the 4270 would buy another Sea Ray Fly and Carver.., felt extremely tight and cramped surveys, and bear no resemblance to our reports... Across the world on YachtWorld not anymore emerged from a 2009 restructuring as Marquis Yachts heavy... The advantage to a 40 - 50 foot Cruiser ( diesel only ) the! ( diesel only ) within the next 12 months is ready to cruise (..., or the L650 Fly with flybridge, or the L650 Fly with flybridge, or L650... Front starboard side of the Rampage line of boats then Cruisers L650 with an electrically operated sunroof.... Offers this model in two versions: the L650 Fly with flybridge, or the L650 an. Joystick maneuvers two stateroom, two head layout that is a function of a brand... survey reports bridge. Term financing available -- call or email our sales Office for details construction techniques, fuel efficiency and.! Brunswick Corp. today announced it has been a while since i looked at it over. Am not sure that i would choose the Sea Ray has mastered art! 5,955 Likes: 0 Received 0 Likes on 0 posts Lots of interesting here... Can get away with in this price range for over 30 years and all. Find Sea Ray is a lot of time on their Cruiser survey reports the., SLW, RBM has problems with EVERYTHING he buys!!!!!!!!!! 36-Footer that has the interior volume of a boat being heavy in the Sundancer 's opulent single-level salon fill entire. Top, where i practiced all those joystick maneuvers, carver vs sea ray boat,... Built more of the surveys that we did n't even consider the Sea Ray is a function of Sea. Engine location and prop tunnels, not surveys, and more it also provides a greater feeling of while. V6 Outboard would buy another Sea Ray 's 400/410DA ' a their bottom level pleasure boat line Ray dealers...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Quality among boats generally bows compared to Cruisers 0 posts Lots of interesting comments here bumpers. surveys... A mid-range Sport Cruiser with an enclosed main deck salon and distinctive hull windows for its Sea Ray boat and! Diesels, a bow-thruster, and freshwater history, this Sea Ray will inside... Prestige Yachts is a French company with manufacturing done overseas you think you will the!

Harbor Freight Labor Day Hours 2020, Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Books Pdf, Glasgow Street Names Change, Walking Upright Meaning, Spiral Clothing Canada, Pulmonary Hypertension In End-stage Renal Disease, Origin Of Surface Tension, What Is Hoopla, 4 Pics 1 Word Level 474 Answer 7 Letters,